July 13, 2011
PlayStation®Network Version of TimeGate Studios’s Acclaimed Shooter Adds Maps, Modes and More
TimeGate Studios is doing the unthinkable and adding even more value into the year’s biggest downloadable shooter, as it announced the release date and features of the impending PlayStation®3 system version of the game. Set for release on July 26 in North America and July 27 in Europe, Section 8: Prejudice on PlayStation®Network includes five dynamic game modes, including the recently-unveiled Skirmish mode, and four expansive multiplayer maps, in addition to all the great gameplay that had Eurogamer proclaim, “It is, quite simply, the best multiplayer shooter since Battlefield: Bad Company 2.” It’s all coming for the unbelievably low price of $14.99.
For the first week, anyone who purchases Section 8: Prejudice on the PlayStation®Network will receive the Blitz Armor Pack and Overdrive Map Pack for free! This includes two armor skins, early unlocks, and two additional multiplayer maps. In addition, if you are a PlayStation®Plus subscriber, you will receive the exclusive in-game Hunter Armor, and if you are one of the first 1000 subscribers to purchase the game, you will receive a free copy of the original Section 8!
Section 8: Prejudice on PlayStation®3 system features:
• Mobilize by Drop Spawning from 15,000 feet, use Jet Packs to evade enemies, and ram opponents in Overdrive
• Campaign mode: 5-hour story-driven single-player campaign
• Conquest mode: Large-scale multiplayer for up 40 players
• Swarm mode: Four player co-op mode where shooter gameplay meets tower defense
• Assault mode: Team-versus-team game mode where teams race to capture all Control Points in the fastest time
• Skirmish mode: Team-versus-team death match where Control Points cannot be captured and Victory Points are awarded for kills and completed missions.
• Offline bot support for all game modes
• Highly customizable weapon and equipment loadouts; deep level progression and unlockable content systems
• Dynamic Combat Missions: ensure no two multiplayer games ever play the same
• Stats Portal that allows players to track their lifetime statistics, join Clans, compete in TimeGate-run events and much more
July 22, 2011